How to prepare for the arrival of guests
Ahead of a long weekend! How to receive guests according to all the rules so that everyone is comfortable?
So, invitations to friends were sent and accepted. Now, as the hostess of the evening, you have to think through the menu, table setting, take care of all sorts of nuances and details.
Calculate your strength, do not grab at once. Divide global tasks into components. Say, one day go to the hypermarket for shopping (after compiling a list!). In another, start cooking. Do something that can lie down a day or two in the refrigerator in advance. And also ...
Be a guest at your home (for a while)
Ask yourself: does my house look cozy and attractive? Does it smell clean and good? Is the food delicious? Is the lighting pleasant? These are the questions you should be interested in first.
Prepare a bathroom and toilet for a visit
Keep personal items, bath towels, laundry, clothes, and bathrobes away.
Make sure that a clean hand towel (and preferably not one) hangs in the bathroom and that there is a new piece of toilet soap. You can also place a hand sanitizer in a prominent place.
Keep lists of "Before" and "After"
Do not rely on memory. Write down: what you need not to forget, foresee. Done - cross out. After the party, list the mistakes (for example, few napkins, not enough ice, apples were not in demand, white wine is the leader of the holiday
Provide guests with a place to hang their outerwear and leave their bags. Take care of enough hangers.
Drinks for everyone
Be sure to include non-alcoholic drinks in addition to alcoholic beverages. Mineral water (with and without gas), juices and fruit drinks. Do not forget about milk or cream, not everyone likes black coffee. Chill those that are drunk chilled.
Make enough ice. The bigger, the better. Someone likes to ring cubes in a glass with strong drinks, someone cools white wine with them. Well, soda with ice is tastier.
Alas, this happens at almost every party - a stain on clothes. To prevent the guest from getting upset, keep special stain-removing wipes or spray handy.
Let it be better not useful than necessary, but you will not.
If any of your guests arrived by car, but ended up drinking wine, do not let him drive. Call a taxi. This is a small fee for your peace of mind!
Veronika Andrikhova, decorator, teacher at the House of Interior Design Details
- The main decoration of the reception is you yourself. A worn-out, tired mistress will not please anyone, especially herself. You will not be able to fully enjoy your vacation with friends or shine with wit.
- Think carefully through the menu. It is desirable that it consist of cold and hot appetizers, vegetables, fruits, cheeses, nuts, pies (they do not have to be made by yourself, you can buy ready-made ones) and, of course, sauces. Their diversity guarantees a good evening.
- If you have a festive event, then the table decor should be classic. The table, of course, should be covered with a white, preferably linen tablecloth, decorated with embroidery, hemstitch or richelieu. It’s good if there are two tablecloths. One - larger - below and smaller - above. They can be in contrasting colors. This is even more interesting.
- Napkins are also linen, with embroidery. No paper, this is for fast food! If you have silverware at home, it’s also on the table. If you are lucky and you got it from your great-grandmother, and even it was done at the famous factory of Khlebnikov, Bolin or Faberge, then boldly put the forks down with their teeth. So the French are doing so that the guests, as if by chance, were informed about the quality and place of manufacture of silver appliances. Vanity? Yes! So what? You have the same reception!
- Table decoration. Vases with flowers - low, porcelain whatnot with fruit. Pyramids can be assembled from white meringues, figural compositions from fruits, and funny scenes from decorative figures. Multi-colored beads, pebbles, even old books and music sheets folded into a roll, connected with each other, will be used. What else do you have at home ?!
- Do not forget about candles. Small candles floating in low glass vases will greatly decorate the table. And the aromas! Not only from dishes. It is not without reason that they say that we can carry the memory of odors through ourselves throughout our lives. And maybe the guests will forget what they ate, but the smell of your house will forever be associated with the smell of frost, linen tablecloth or apples.